2/03/2009

Volunteer/Work Experience (A)





























When I studied in elementary school and my teacher told us," We should help others and we should not get repay from them.” My teacher also said those people who are willing to help other without getting any return are called volunteers. At that time, I wanted to be a volunteer but I have no chance until I began to study in GCA. We have Volunteer Club and I have a chance to help people.
Club president divided us into 5 groups. My partner is Kassie. It is my first time to be a volunteer. On the way, club president told us,” we will go to a community to help those children with their problems in study. When we arrived there, there were 5 students. President told me," Your group will teach that girl". Then, we let the girl sit between us. The girl was very shy. She just wrote and asked problems. My math is better than Kassie’s but her Chinese is better than me, so I taught the girl Math and Kassie taught her Chinese. From that, I knew that different people have different advantages. This is very helpful when we are dealing with problems. For example, Kassie and I are good at different courses, so we can teacher girl in turn. From September 1st, 2008 to January 1st, 2009, I went to that community to help students for 5 times, I already have been friends with that girl.
From this volunteer activity, I have learned a lot. From that teaching girl, I think I can be a teacher because I can take care of children and use my idea to improve her achievement. For example, that girl has already improved 30 marks in Math. I felt happy, but I also realized that I was easy to change my mood. I did not have enough patience. From the group, I learned if many people united together then we will become stronger. For example, Kassie and I can use different advantages to teach that girl. I learned that volunteers believe that the happiest people in the word are those who help to bring happiness to others.
In the holiday, my mother also gave me new chance to be a volunteer. Kassie and I stood guard on the street to help police to manage traffic. We stood on the street for 2hours. Although it was only 2 hours, I felt it was a hard work. From that, I learn that the police are very hard and tired. They must stand on the street every day. No matter how the weather is or whether they are happy. They worked hard just want to give people a good life.
In the GCA Drama Show "The Taming of The Shrew", I was also a volunteer for GCA Drama for two hours. I helped "VIP" spectators to find correct seat with my partner. From this activity, I practiced my Spoken English. I can speak to a new English teacher and I did not feel very nervous now.
In conclusion, I think it is very meaningful to be a volunteer because I can help to others. I can also learn some new things and improved myself from activity. I think it is useful and I will continue working on it in the 2009. I want to use my head to help others. I think that volunteers believe that the happiest people in the world are those who help to bring happiness to others. "

No comments: